It has layers of chocolate sponge cake, cherries, whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Kirshwasser (cherry schnapps) is used to flavor the whipped cream.
It has layers of chocolate sponge cake, cherries, whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Kirshwasser (cherry schnapps) is used to flavor the whipped cream. The cake is called Schwartzwalder Kirsch torte in German, which means Black Forest Cherry Torte or Gateau. Some historians say that the cake got its name from the traditional costume worn by women in the Black Forest. The dress was black (just like the chocolate flakes) and the blouse is white (like the cream).
Benefits of the course
- Create many kinds of Black Forest Cakes, leveraging exciting, modern and intriguing designs and presentations.
- Advance your baking career by learning a huge variety of important recipes and sophisticated decoration skills.
- Customize the Black Forest Cake recipes to match various tastes.
- Learn professional-level tips and tricks for assembling the Black Forest Cake.
- Learn how to create sophisticated and elegant decorations, such as beautiful chocolate leaves.
- Master one of the most important German cakes, and create unique culinary masterpieces.
Topics for this course
BLACK FOREST CAKE
How To Make A Cake Sponge?06:14
How To Make A Black Forest Cake?15:55
- Candidates are eligible to pursue a Bakery and Confectionery course that is offered at the UG level if they have completed their Class 12 from a recognized board with passing marks.
- But candidates from other fields/ streams are also eligible to apply for PG level courses.
Chef Balendra Singh and Team
Balendra Singh currently belongs to the well-trained pastry chefs in India! With a flair for innovation and acumen ofinternational pastry cuisine. He is a dedicated Pastry chef, who initially studied his art in The IHM Dehradun with afocus on bakery and confectionary. He worked With top luxurious International Branded Hotels, Umaid BhawanPalace Jodhpur, Grand Hyatt New Delhi, Westin Gurgaon, JW Marriott New Delhi, Pullman and Novotel New Delhi,The Taj Mahal New Delhi & cruise ship around the world. Expenses knowledge in casual & fine dining, a-la-carte,buffet & Banquet and pastry shop setup homemade ice cream and handmade chocolates. After enjoying 17 yearswith the industry and finesse his skills as a pastry chef and chocolatier, he returned to his roots in culinaryeducation and held a position an Executive Pastry chef at International Institute of Culinary Arts IICA-New Delhiteaching cooking and management courses. As he believes "Eating fuel the body, but eating good food fuels thesoul". An endeavor to impart this knowledge of his, 'Excellence' programmed has been introduced, which consists ofa melange of Pastry, Chocolate, and Entrepreneurship. He started his own INSTITUTE OF BAKERY & CULINARY ARTS(New Delhi) and also started "Balendra's Baking Classes"(BBC), every month in different five-star hotels all overIndia. As a culinary educator, he draws from his many years of culinary experience to pass along to students notonly the skills for success in the kitchen but also for life. He feels those life skills are the most important things theycan learn: teamwork, cleanliness, organization, respect, integrity, compassion and being able to laugh and enjoywhat you are doing
Skills to Learn, Skills to Earn Any skill is a platform to learn and acquire skills which will enable you to either opt for a job or initiate your own startup.